Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Month and Counting

All is well here in the Pacific! Been here a little more then a month and things are going very well. Time goes so fast its unbelievable.

School is well ... I'm really really happy to be back as a student. Students get it all ... discounts for the gym, food, clubs, etc., classes three times a week, long weekends, and free seminars and lectures. Now its not all fun and games ... my life pretty much involves readings and assignments. Since my terms are only six weeks long we go through the materials really fast and its tough keeping up with the readings but I'm holding my own and I have finals in a couple of weeks so we will see how it goes. One thing that really sucks about being a student again is the regular pay dates. I have a week off before finals and a week off after finals and it would be so great to be able to go away for a long weekend but it just not possible on a student budget ... well not right now anyway. My classes are good, my lecturers are very interesting and I must say not boring now I can't say that about my textbooks but I'm really enjoying my program and the people in my program are really nice. It is such a diverse atmosphere ... the ages ranges from mid-twenties to mid-fifties and all different nationalities so class definitely are interesting and I learning something new every day.

It is so expensive starting over again and getting things setup and I'm also started to look for an apartment which will be another expensive but it will be so worth it. I have been staying on the North Shore of Auckland but I'm so looking forward to moving into the city, however, the apartment hunting hasn't been going so well ... the prices are either high or low and the apartment level goes also from high or low. I'm so thankful that I'm in no rush of actually finding a place even though I can't wait to be in the city. I know that something will come available that will suit me its only a matter of time.

The weather here has been amazing ... winter is starting to come the nights are getting colder and its raining more and more but today its sunny and beautiful. I have started getting some of my tan back but I have been finding the sun extremely strong here and can't be outside to long but I'm still enjoying it a lot and when I hear about the 30cm of snow that they got in Canada or the -30 degrees without windchill I definitely don't complain :)

Other than that not much new ... I'm definitely getting the travel itch, I don't know how I'm going to last 18 months in one place ... I am looking forward to being settled for a little bit and I think it will definitely get better once I find a place of my own and get settled when I'm in the city. I'll let you guys know how it all goes in a few weeks. Cheers :)

1 comment:

genuine_pills said...

How I miss life of being a student reading your blog. But way back then I was a bit boring stud. I never had the time to involve in an extra curricular activities as I had to make money online. I was earning a good money back then. I was too busy for a student as I join affiliate program