Saturday, February 21, 2009

New Zealand Part Two

Wow so I just noticed last time I wrote in my blog was November. I haven't been great at keeping this blog at all and I feel pretty bad that I haven't been keeping you guys up to date on my travels. I guess I'll start from November where I ended off last time.

As you all know I was in Dublin all together for about 5 months during that time I had the chance to visit many different European countries including Spain, Belgium, Netherlands, Poland, England, and Czech Republic. I had a wonderful time in Europe and wish that I didn't have to leave it so soon. I will get to that a little later. Anyway while in Dublin I worked for a Security Company in the HR Department which was very interesting at times. I had no real experience in HR, to be honest I never toke an HR course in my life but really enjoyed it and had the opportunity to learn a lot of new stuff. It was a long 5 months, since I really didn't do winter last year it was a real shock to my system when it started to get cold and dark so soon but I definitely don't regret my time there at all. I was able to do lots of traveling which was the main reason I moved there and Dublin is a great port to travel to other countries within Europe. I would have to say my best European country I visited was Poland. This might have had some influence since I did have friends in the country which made it a lot easier to get around and to see everything and more than we wanted too. The food was amazing in all the different countries and it was a completely different experience that I truly enjoyed. It is pretty amazing how the countries can be so different and so close together.

So while I was in Dublin I got excepted to do my MBA down in New Zealand. I had applied last time I was over here but really didn't think that I would get accepted and if I did get accepted I didn't think that I would get things organized in time. However, I spent the five months in Dublin working hard on getting money to fund my MBA, my student visa and all the other things that go along with moving a country. So here I am again in New Zealand I arrived this past Wednesday and still a little jet legged, its 630 am here right now. Very nice weather at the moment and even started to get my tan back. I don't start school until March 3 so that gives me a few weeks to get settled and rested. I am very lucky cause I have my cousin down here and I'll be staying with her until I'm able to find something a little more permenant which also means I don't have to rush into finding a place which takes a lot of pressure off the situation. After moving so many times in the last two years I would think that I would be getting use to the uncertainty of it all but there is always something different about it.

Alright thats all I got for now. Hopefully I'll get the chance to write again in a few weeks after I start school. Cheers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: