Friday, October 19, 2007

Almost at the Six Month Mark

Quick update on my life in Manila. It's been really busy the past couple of weeks. Work has been going steady and smoothly ... hope it stays this way haha. Haven't been out of the city for a while but I'm volunteering and studying for my GMAT's so I have been keeping busy on weekends. However, that will soon be changing cause the Philippines has many holidays coming up so we have some long weekends :) On October 29, not next Monday but the Monday after is Sangguniang Kabataan & Barangay Election and we will be heading to Puerto for Gosia's Birthday (another intern with Headway). I have already been to Puerto but we will be heading to different spot please its a nice beach close to Manila so it should be an exciting weekend. Then on November 1 its All Saints Day and November 2 is a Special Nonworking Holiday so it will be a nice four day weekend. I will either being going to Palawan which is suppose to be one of the nicest places in the Philippines or I will go to Bohol to see the Chocolate Hills. Not sure yet which one I'm trying to work out the details. If I don't go to Bohol oh that long weekend I will be planning to go there the last weekend in Nov. cause November 30 is Bonifacio Day another holiday so I will have a long weekend. After that it will be New Zealand which I am getting really excited for but its still a long way away and I have to focus on getting a good grade on my GMATs before that hahah ... work first than I can play :)

Other than that not much new ... I'm still liking it here in the Philippines. I did have some rough patch with culture shock and all that but I seem to have got through the hardest part and hopefully the next six months will be a breeze haha if it was only that easy.

Thats all for now ... sorry this one is short, next time I'll write more especially after the next couple of busy weekends.

Cheers Amy

1 comment:

AdamHarris said...

woooo, GMATs? Do you know what schools? I'm glad you're having an awesome time. I'm still here jealous. Not much is new. Richard's welcome back party is the weekend after Halloween. It won't be too long before we have your big welcome home party. Are you dressing up for Halloween? I think a bunch of us at the house are going to be Seinfeld, we'll see. Make sure you post all your pics from your weekend adventures! Talk to you soon.