Monday, May 28, 2007

Donsol

Things are good, went to Donsol over the weekend which is 12 hours south of Manila. Left Friday around 6pm and got to Donsol around 8am on Saturday (another long bus ride). Looked for a place to stay and we got one right beside the beach. Wasn't the best beach but it was still a beach. Five of us went this time, four from the company and one local friend. After finding a place to crash we rented a boat for 2000 peso's for the day which was 400 peso's each which is about $10 CAD which was so cheap. The boat took us out and we went snorkeling for the afternoon and swimming in the warm water. Got back to shore around 5pm and we just hung out the rest of the night enjoying the heat. Got up Sunday morning early and rented another boat to go find the Whale-Sharks. They are Sharks but they don't eat humans and they are safe to be around. So we head out around 730am and we are out in the boat for a good four hours and we are almost ready to give up and just head in but then we spot one. All of us then jump in the water with fins and snorkeling gear and race towards the Whale-Shark. I'm swimming underneath the water and all of a sudden I see this 5 foot shark with like grey dots all over it. It was great. They move really fast so only got to see it for about a minute but it was great to swim with a shark. After that we stayed on the water for another hour or so then headed back to shore cause we have to get the bus back to Manila. Got home around 430 am on Monday more and headed to work after a couple of hours of sleep but I slept some on the bus so I made it through the day without being to tired.

It's Monday at 8pm right now and I'm working like crazy to get something done for tomorrow but I'm stop around 830 and just go home. I'll come back early in the morning to get my work done. It's funny I really don't mind working the long hours but I know if I was in Canada I would be completely exhausted. It's really funny how that is, maybe I'm still on a travellers high or something like that.

Well that is all for now. Going to be a busy week at work but a good one. I've put more pics on Facebook and I'll be adding more later on this week. Hope everyone is well and let me know if you guys have any questions or anything at all.

Amy - From the Philippines

2 comments:

A.R. said...

Hello Amy!!!

I'm supper glad your having a great time and taking all your challenges! anyway I'm kinda jealous hahaha I think you've been in more places than when I was there! by the way ..can't even remember some of the places you mentioned..about mall of asia..I wanna see it LOL ..well you take care ok! and we totally miss you here..we got grants for 5 TN's and so much work to do! so yeah..totally need you right now..lol but its all good!!

A.R. said...

PS: nice pics! you should try to ride the jeepneys or tricycles as well..but I really don't recommend you to go anywhere by yoursefl!!

oh and one more thing...if you ever need maple syrup or something from here ..maybe kieths! I'll see what I can do! haha

okies take care!
luv ya
muwahz!
april rose!!